7 Aug 2010

It'll Be A Miracle ...

I've decided it's time to just stop whinging about sewing and just sew, damn it. So this weekend I'm attempting to sew as many work clothes as possible seeing as how I've been such a slack tart and not actually sewn any yet. Oh, and I start with the NHS on Monday. I don't think my new bosses would be too impressed if I rocked up in jeans and a lumberjack shirt afterall, so a sewing marathon it is.

Not only is it a work clothes sewing marathon but it's a finish-what-you've-bloody-started marathon too. First up on the sewing marathon list today is:

{ Source: Tuppence and Ha'penny Vintage }

You may remember my plan to make this as a red and white striped tee for my shorts project. The shorts have stalled but the top is still good to go. In fact, I've already started cutting the fabric. I've never matched stripes, and these aren't horizontal stripes but stripes cut to create a V along the centre seam which doesn't actually exist on the original pattern. I don't seem to like starting easy!

Simplicity 3688

Next up on the list is Simplicity 3688, I'll be making the trousers. Given the sizing issues I've had with the shorts I was attempting (and will continue to be attempting) to make based on this pattern I'm cutting a size smaller than I should and will probably spend most of this weekend tearing my hair out over fitting. But I only have one other pair of trousers suitable for an office so this is kinda necessary.

Eva Dress 1379

Next up is probably the shirt on the right. I need tops. Well actually, I need everything but I have two skirts and a pair of trousers already suitable for office work in my wardrobe but only one shirt (the Style Print shirt I already made) so shirts or tops in general would be a good idea I feel. So it's either the Eva Dress 1379 pictured left or another shirt pattern I haven't decided on yet. Or both. We shall see.

Simplicity 1683

And last but not least on my list is an attempt to finish Simplicity 1683. Still not sure what I'm going to do about the collar but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Hopefully I'll get these done and possibly even have time for something else but, let's face it, I'm probably too lazy to do anything else. I'm only attempting the miraculous because I haven't anything else to wear and I work better under a tight deadline!

Now if I can just coax the kitten off the dining table so I can finish cutting out my stripey top I can begin, and that'll be a miracle in itself!

Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. Ambitious plans, but I am rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, go, go! Excited for you. :) That Eva dress is absolutely stunning. What a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! :)

    Isn't it fab, Ali? I can't wait to make the whole outfit just to see what it looks like in real fabric ... I might make that next weekends mission!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and your comment will appear shortly. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it's very much appreciated.

Popular Posts