8 Feb 2011

What To Wear To ... A Sci-Fi Convention

This weekend gone I drove 5 hours to Pontins in Camber Sands, East Sussex for the SFX Weekender. Actually I drove 5 hours to Camber Sands to hang out with two old friends, one of whom I've not seen in a decade, the sci-fi bit was just an added bonus.

I tried, I really did, but gale force winds and no proper heating in the chalets or the main building meant that my jeans and my huge woolly cardigan was just not going to be removed for the three days I spent freezing my butt off down there. Photos of the weekend are limited and I'm going to share with you just two.


If you follow me on twitter (shameless plug: @torsgrantham) you'll know the guy in the middle, holding on to me rather tightly, freaked me out one evening when I was alone in my chalet by breathing outside the door. In his defence, he was just walking past.

I'm wearing my red checked shirt as support for the Welsh rugby team who unfortunately didn't manage to win their match against England on Friday, my Mum's flared jeans that I've stolen because I love them and a scarf and cardi I refused to remove the entire weekend. The guys are wearing their standard work clothes.

What I should have done is something a little more along the lines of this:


As soon as I saw her I was in envy. I didn't catch her name but she had great style and really stood out from the crowd (which, given the crowd was made up of stormtroopers, people on stilts, superheroes and general sci-fi fans, was quite an achievement). She was a little shocked at being asked to be photographed for my blog but happily gave her permission. Lovely lady, should you, by some miracle, be reading this, thank you!

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I went to a WitchCraft convention once, dressed none to disimilar from this lady. Oooh the looks I got! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I bet you looked fab too! I shall have to get some tips from you, my mates have signed us up for next year's sci-fi convention too!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and your comment will appear shortly. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it's very much appreciated.

Popular Posts