5 Jun 2010

Project: Frock by Friday { Notes }

{ Source: Grosgrain }

Oh boy, did I screw up the Shirtwaist Dress or what?

I finished constructing the main body of the garment at about 10.30 last night, I was determined to get going on my sewing projects if I was actually going to complete any of these pledges.

I had graded up from a 10 to a 12 at the waist area to incorporate my 12 year old school boy shape. I carefully measured everything and was really pleased with how I'd managed to figure it all out, etc, etc, etc.

Only, when I went to try it on last night, it hung off me. Literally. I shoulda known it wouldn't be that easy! It fit at the bust but everything else? Nope, nuh uh, not a hope in hell. Not really sure what to do about this. I'm considering giving up on this pattern (a freebie) and just getting a commercial pattern. But, really, would that make any difference?

To make up for it I am going shopping with my ex-neighbour, Anna (not AnnaP, a different Anna, confused yet?). We are going charity shop trolling and I intend to buy all the bedsheets I can find. And a cowboy hat. I could maybe start on the playsuit instead, Ali was interested to see what that will look like. So am I, I'm just afraid it'll look nothing like it's supposed to!

Thanks for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and your comment will appear shortly. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it's very much appreciated.

Popular Posts