18 Jul 2010

Is It A Bird ....

{ Source: Superman Homepage }

I've been rather verbose about my love of Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day and Pushing Daisies, not to mention my love for the costumes worn by the leading ladies. Yesterday, after enjoying the episode I taped of Chuck, ogling Brandon Routh unashamedly (I think I'm going to have to add him to my ever increasing list of TV boyfriends) I got the urge to watch the wonderful Superman Returns.

I'm not going to review the film, you either love it or you hate it from what I can tell. I loves it madly and I think Brandon was a fantabulous Superman.

But that's not the point of this post. You may recall that Ali recommended I take a look at 1930's fashions as a better era for my shape. I have been doing just that (whilst also researching that quintessential French style I mentioned in my previous post) and have even gone as far as buying a couple of patterns.

Which is probably why, after my convoluted evening's viewing led me to Superman Returns, I fell in love with Lois' costumes. They're very 30's and 40's in style. Neutral colours, lots of browns. And they're very very nice. Perfect for work, which is exactly what I want. And don't even get me started on Kitty's wardrobe. I wants it. All of it. Yes, even that crazy hat.

I had forgotten the costumes in this film, I watched it because it makes me cry and it's not a traditionally happy ever after story. Now I'm rewatching it for the costumes. All the costumes. Cos even the bloke's clothes are pretty ... except possibly Jimmy's bowtie.

Are there other films out there I should be enjoying for their costumes? What're your favourites?

Thanks for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and your comment will appear shortly. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it's very much appreciated.

Popular Posts