4 Sept 2010

Project: The Long Oregon Rail Dress { Pt I }


This slightly blurred photo is my (as of 10.30 last night) progress with the Oregon Rail Dress Kathleen of Grosgrain created from an adaptation of the Wenlan Blouse on BurdaStyle.

I'm (or was) quite pleased with myself. I did the gathering properly, rather than just hand basting some rather sloppy stitches in. I made my piping (my first time evah) and I quite neatly (and securely) fastened it together.

This is Rather Unfortunate as this morning I'm going to have to unpick everything around the bib after attempting to try the dress on last night. Yuppers, it don't fit. Rather surprisingly, it's too small instead of what seems to be the obligatory 6 inches too big that all the other clothes I've attempted to make have been. This is rather novel.

I had resized the bib as per Kathleen's note in her instructions. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it doesn't work for me, the arm holes become stretched and too small due to the reduction of fabric and the shoulders don't sit properly (although this may have more to do with my shoulders than a problem with the pattern, we'll just have to wait and see).

So I've been out with the wolf, I've fed the kitten, I've put a full kettle of water on the Aga for a mammoth tea drinking and seam ripping session and I'm about to stick Star Wars on and get down to business. Catch you on the other side!

Thanks for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and your comment will appear shortly. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it's very much appreciated.

Popular Posts